This postdoctoral position is a temporary position for up to one year, which may be renewed at Sandia’s discretion up to five additional years. The PhD must have been conferred within five years prior to employment.
Individuals in postdoctoral positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
pk10登陆平台 We are seeking a hardworking and creative Postdoctoral Scientist for microbial strain development and characterization for biofuel and biosensor applications。 You will join a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team of scientists and experts to work on engaging research projects using state-of-the-art facilities and equipment。
On any given day, you may be called on to:
· Design genetic constructs for biofuel production or biosensor development;
· Develop genetic tools for non-model organisms;
· Genetically modify a range of model and non-model organisms;
· Characterize strains for biofuel production or biosensor function;
· Participate in laboratory management and mentoring of student interns;
· Write publications;
· Present results at project meetings and conferences.
The Bioenergy and Defense Technologies department, which is part of Sandia’s Biological and Engineering Sciences Center, supports mission areas in biodefense, emerging infectious disease, and biofuels. The department conducts fundamental and applied research in cell biology, immunology, nanomaterials and microbiology. The focus is on the development and use of advanced enabling technologies such as fluorescence microscopy, vibrational spectroscopies, X-ray and neutron scattering, and chemometric data analysis tools to study biological systems of interest to biofuels development and biodefense. Current research projects include developing nanoparticles for drug and vaccine delivery, understanding receptor activation and cell signaling processes, novel pathogen detection approaches, plant physiology, cellulase enzymes, as well as algal biochemistry and cultivation characterization for biofuels applications. We conduct research for the National Institutes of Health, Basic Energy Sciences, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense, U.S. Industry, Department of Health and Human Services and Sandia’s Laboratory Directed Research & Development program.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas。 Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
· Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
· Extraordinary co-workers
· Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
· Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
· Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies。 Life-changing careers。 Learn more about Sandia at: http://www。sandia。gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
· PhD in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or related discipline (e.g., molecular biology, biochemistry);
· Direct, hands-on experience in the following areas: synthetic gene/construct design and cloning, common molecular biology techniques, bacterial or yeast cultivation, and standard analytical techniques (spectroscopy, microscopy, etc.);
· Demonstrated record of high technical achievement, as evidenced by publication record;
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance.
pk10登陆平台 · Strong work ethic;
· Experience with RNAi, CRISPR tools, and other genetic modification techniques;
· Experience with omics techniques;
· Experience with genetic circuit design and protein engineering;
· Ability to conduct creative, independent research;
pk10登陆平台 · Experience in milestone-driven research;
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance。
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance。 Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment。
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.